Stash & Spending

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Ombre

Hello friends!  Happy Valentine's Day!  Or for those who prefer the other version...Happy Singles Awareness Day!  And if you're one of those people who don't like either holiday, then...Happy Friday!  February is half over now, and you're doing a good job with life :)

My nails are simple for this holiday season (because I still have to study for midterms HAHA), so let me present to you my Valentine's Day ombre nails:


If you wanted to recreate this nail look, you can.  I promise.  I actually promise this time.  It only takes five different shades of one color.  Really.  That's all there is to it.

More on these nails after the jump!
So I wanted to include my thumb in the photo so that you can see how the gradient works.  It's the lightest shade of them all!


For this manicure:

I started with a base coat of Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat by Sally Hansen.  My thumbs have 3 coats of Penelope by Julep, my pointer fingers have 3 coats of I Gotta Blush on You by Sephora by OPI, my middle fingers have 3 coats of Nan by Julep, my ring fingers have 2 coats of Molly by Julep, and my pinky fingers have 2 coats Myrtle by Julep.  All of my fingers have a coat of a coral glitter topper by Shades of the Season.  Finally, all my nails are protected by a coat of Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat by Sally Hansen.


That's all there is to it!  :)  Because this nail art is so relatively simple, I was able to paint both my nails!  Obviously, that meant I had to give up homework/study time, but I've been going to so many exam reviews.  I think I'm fine with sacrificing a good 3 hours just to paint my nails.

...that's all I have to say.  Stay safe, and enjoy the day today!  Don't do anything regretful, unless if you're into that kinda thing, I guess.



4 comments:

  1. or happy lantern festival day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually never heard of that festival...

      Delete
    2. :OO it's the sticky-rice dumpling day!

      Delete
    3. I...don't think we celebrate that in my household...?

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I read all my comments and I will respond to as many comments as I can :)