Stash & Spending

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Inspired by: "Golden Days & Sultry Nights" Eyeshadow Palette by Tarte Cosmetics

There are a lot of words in that title, but it gets the message across.

I bought this palette from Sephora because there was a summer sale AND I had just gotten my first paycheck!  That was a highly dangerous combination, but it's okay because nobody got hurt :)

The more I stare at the colors (& at the name) of this eyeshadow palette, the more I feel inspired to be artistic and creative.  And I imagine myself vacationing by the beach in Hawai'i with a drink in hand :)

But for now, I am landlocked and working full time, so my vacation days can wait!



For this manicure:
  • Base Coat - Bonder by ORLY
  • Base Color - Too Yacht to Handle by China Glaze
  • Thumb, Ring, & Pinky - sponged gradient with Too Yacht to Handle by China Glaze & Endless Blue by Sinful Colors, neon circle studs from BornPrettyStore
  • Pointer & Middle - reverse stamped with image plates BM-023 & BM-012 from Bundle Monster using good as gold by essie, image filled in with Endless Blue & Happy Ending by Sinful Colors & Shocking by Marc Jacobs
  • Top Coat - Out the Door by inm
Approximate Completion Time: 1.5 hours



Technically it took me longer than that if you include the amount of time I spent prepping with the reverse stamping.  But even then, that's a lot of drying time, so I thought it would be best if that was left out.

I'm very happy with this mani.  I haven't been this satisfied with my own work for a while now, so to have this feeling back makes me feel very complete :)

This is one of those nail art designs that I don't want to take off, but I will in a few days...such is the life of a nail artist.


UGH.  THE COLORS.  THE DESIGN.  THE INSPIRATION.  THIS WAS ALL SO PERFECT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read all my comments and I will respond to as many comments as I can :)