Stash & Spending

Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Polka

Hello all!  How has your summer been so far?  And for any readers in the southern hemisphere, how is winter so far?  Please let me know in the comments section below :) every day is a busy day for me!  I wake up early, I go to work, I go to sleep early.  I think this is what it's like to have a real job, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to make that commitment with reality.

To take my mind off of these things, I painted my nails with a palette of colors that my boyfriend helped me choose hu hu hu :)


I'm going to be straying away from my traditional white background for my nail art pics.  Half of the reason is so I can keep the pics new and fresh - now you get to see nail colors in direct sunlight or with a different background color so as to give you more perspectives of colors.  The other half of the reason is because I'm always out and about now, and if I want to keep blogging, I have to be able to take pictures in these conditions so that I'm not putting a strain on the time I get to spend with others.

But back to the nails!  Read on after the jump to find out more :)
I started out with no idea what I wanted to do.  I had colors planned out, and I knew I wanted dots...and I'm really happy with this design.  Usually, people don't really compliment my nails in real life (weird, but that's just how it is), but with these nails, I've gotten a lot of compliments already!  So I feel successful to a degree.

For this manicure:

I started with a coat of Base Coat by Finger Paints, and then I applied two coats of Bunny by Julep to all my nails except for my ring finger, which instead had two coats of Rise and Shine by Sinful Colors.  The dots were done with various sizes of dotting tools and used the colors Rise and Shine by Sinful Colors, Gorgeous by Sinful Colors, Mia by Julep, and the pale fuchsia shimmer by Shades of the Season.  Everything was finished with a coat of Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat by Sally Hansen.

Approximate Completion Time: 1.5 - 2 hours


These nails aren't staying for very long...I already have an idea for my next mani :) which should be exciting since I'm matching those nails with the color scheme on my swimsuit!  If that doesn't scream summer I don't know what does.  Actually, a lot of other things scream summer.  Like this drought that we're technically experiencing in California...

That's all for now, folks!  Stay tuned for my next nails :) I hope you have a wonderful day, because you're awesome and you deserve an exponentially amazing day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read all my comments and I will respond to as many comments as I can :)