Stash & Spending

Monday, June 30, 2014

Water Park Fun

Hello all!  I was going to upload this post sooner, but one thing led to another and now I'm finally able to do so, after making one thing of 10x native gel buffer and wiping down the legs of at least 100 chairs, maybe more.  I'm a strong woman.

I went to a water park yesterday with my boyfriend and some other friends :) my nails kinda match my swimsuit, but it's not too obvious...the water park was fun though!  For the first time in my life, I didn't have to carry all the tubes and stuff by myself.  This is what true love is - your significant other stepping up to carry all the tubes for the rides.  Just kidding.  True love is other things too, but for the sake of time we won't get into that.

We also got Dippin' Dots ice cream!  I love their ice cream.  I would eat it all day if my wallet didn't stop me.

Here's what my nails looked like for the event:


I know my nails look bumpy, but those bumpy things are actually just sparkles.  Now I know better than to try to photograph sparkles in direct sunlight.  I made my mistake.  I can own up to it.  I will live.  I will learn.  I will grow stronger.

Read on to find out more! :)
The original design was a lot more complicated, but due to my white polish being all stringy and rebellious (even after I added in thinner!), I decided to simplify the design.  We compromised.  I imagine this is what it's like to have children.

For this manicure:

I started out with a coat of Base Coat by Finger Paints, and then I painted on two coats of Snow Me White by Sinful Colors.  The gradients were painted on via sponging.  The pink gradient consists of the colors Snow Me White by Sinful Colors, 24/7 by Sinful Colors, and Pink Punk by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.  The blue gradient consists of the colors Snow Me White by Sinful Colors, Bess by Julep, and Endless Blue by Sinful Colors.  After a little bit of clean up, I applied a coat of the clear glitter from the Shades of the Season, and then I finished the design with a coat of Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat by Sally Hansen.

Approximate Completion Time: 1 - 1.5 hours


Gradients always look cool, even when they don't try to be.  A gradient will never let you down.  A gradient will never hurt you or desert you.  And neon gradients are even better!  They will stand out because they're so bright, and also make you look super tan because they're so bright.  It's a win-win, unless if you don't want to look tan.

Independence Day is approaching, so I guess my next nails will be in the spirit of America.  I think I have to make them America-esque or else I'll be deported from the country.  I'll see you all in my next post, but in the mean time, stay safe out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read all my comments and I will respond to as many comments as I can :)