Stash & Spending

Monday, January 25, 2016

Bold Watermarble

Bold because I used bold colors, and bold because I'm being bold by showing you some of my work that is not as excellent as I wanted it to be.  But nail art isn't about perfection, and this blog isn't anywhere near perfect, so because of that it's a perfect fit (odd huh).

Watermarbling isn't hard, really, as long as you have the right polishes.  However, if you want to make it look perfect, then holy dang it is hard.  I was really tired when I painted my nails so when I got to my right hand I had more of a "let's just get color onto my nails" mentality rather than a "let's do this the right way" mentality.  But fortunately you won't be seeing any of my right hand.

For this manicure:
  • Base Coat - Bonder by ORLY
  • Thumb, Ring, & Pinky - Angela by Julep
  • Pointer & Middle - I painted My Vampire is Buff by OPI as a base color (which you can't see); I watermarbled using Lainey, Dawn, Joanne, & Ilsa by Julep
  • Top Coat - Out the Door by inm
Approximate Completion Time: 2 hours


Watermarble art dries out quickly due to the thin coats of polish that are transferred onto your nails, so you don't even need to wait that long before you can confidently add your top coat :)

And here is an up close shot of the middle finger (aka the only finger that worked out).  I'm sorry for the travesty that is my pointer finger but it is what it is.  I wish I felt more pain looking at how the marble on that nail turned out but I've become so numb to imperfections.


Mm yes hello.

Goodbye.





1 comment:

  1. I bet you would have fun inventing more nail designs for this weird time of year where places start to prepare for Christmas but Thanksgiving hasn't happened yet. Lots of seasonal options! Visit my dreams sometime, I miss hanging out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I read all my comments and I will respond to as many comments as I can :)