Stash & Spending

Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 --> 2016 Nails

Hello all!  I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve and that your 2016 has been great so far :)

The first thing I did this year was throw up because of how much I ate and drank.  So.  Lesson for the kids out there:  your stomach isn't as great of a mixologist as you think it should be.  And hydrochloric acid is the last thing you want to deal with when entering a new year.

These are the nails that I wore to my friend's party :) I swear the only reason why I go to parties now is to promote myself or have others promote me.  It's not very effective.


For this manicure:
  • Base Coat - Bonder by ORLY
  • Thumb, Ring, & Pinky - Alexis by Julep; dots made using a dotting tool and Ellis by Julep
  • Pointer & Middle - Ellis by Julep; pattern made using Moroccan Nail Stencils by vinyl boutique and sponged over with Maya by Julep
  • Top Coat - Out the Door by inm
Approximate Completion Time: 2 hours


I promise the nail stencil looks really cool and the only reason you aren't fully able to see how cool it is in my photos is because I chose the wrong colors.  But later I'll show you a more detailed look at the stencil (with different colors and I won't mess up then).

But for now, here's a closer look at the stencil.  In this shot, you can sort of appreciate the stencil pattern and the holographic nail polish.


Stop.  Stare.  Marvel.  Thank you.

Also, if you haven't noticed yet, I'm back to my round/oval nails!  Square nails were fun, but they were hard to maintain, and since I spend most of my time at work not maintaining nails, I decided it would be best to revert back to the classic round/oval shape.  Plus now my nails won't chip on the corners (because no corners haha) so I won't be so frustrated with my nails.

I hope you guys have a wonderful day!  And here's to a marvelous 2016 for all of us!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read all my comments and I will respond to as many comments as I can :)